Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Time Has Come...

I'm sorry I do not have any pictures for you yet as it seems I left my card reader in Iowa. Pictures are being taken, though, and I will post them as soon as I get access to a card reader.

Yesterday my landlord, Earl, was watering the grass, so I walked over to talk to him. Earl has lived for many years, and with his kind heart and generous nature, he is always looking for someone to talk to. I asked him why he chose to live on the Rez.

Walking back and forth across the thirsty lawn, he told me of his travels across the country in the 70's, "Back when people would offer you a piece of pie if you stopped to ask for directions and gas was cheep."

He had lived in almost every state, yet he chose to live out the rest of his life on the Rez. Fishing and hunting as a part of the culture and the small number of people here were two reasons he chose to stay.

At that point he turned the water off, turned to me and said, "Where else would I go? The same problems that exist here occur everywhere else in the world. Many parents leave their kids for somebody else to look after and leave them without any guidance. Those children grow up to create the world we now live in. At any rate, I know God is going to fix up the world any time now."

He then indicated that he needed to be heading inside. As he closed the door to his house, he left me with the aching need to let him know. Baha'u'llah had come to give us the guidance we need! The time he was waiting for has arrived!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah,

I'll send you a box of things as soon as I have an address for you. You will have to tell me more about your missing speaker chords. Did your card reader have a purple chord? Sorry to start with such materialistic details, but you do need your tools.

I am happy that you feel at home in the wide open spaces. I sometimes wonder if it is a kind of genetic memory. Before you were born, when we lived amidst the trees in Vermont, I realized how much I missed the sky and the horizon and people not being so croweded together. I was anxious to be where one could see the sky and the weather.

"The Most Great Horizon" is a concept that I have been thinking about (from Book 6). I wonder how you explain the horizon to someone who has only lived in the city.

I know you will have a wonderful adventure and it will be a good preparation for your future, where ever that will be.

We are honored that you can be of service, and I am so glad that I did not have to leave you to be raised by someone else when you were little.

My lady friends and I went to the Taj Mahal resturant last night. There is a little grocery store there and I got some henna. I'm trying it out on my hand. Would you like me to send you some?

I don't know a lot about how blogs work since I really haven't spent time on them.

One more thing.... don't worry about the money. I told you that if you are doing what you are suppose to do, there is always enough for what you need to do.

Love,
Mom

8/25/2006 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home