Monday, August 21, 2006

Children's Class

I started classes at Sitting Bull today so I should have regular access to the internet from now on.

Every Sunday the Baha'i community of McLaughlin hosts regular children's classes with three age levels of some 18 kids. I got to be with the 5-6 year olds this time and learn about truthfullness.

This week I will begin to visit the children, and with permission from their parents, conduct smaller chilrens classes in or around their homes. Having a children's class in the home of the children gives me a chance to work with each child one on one to learn about their specific needs while at the same time meeting their parents and giving their parnets a chance to get involved with the classes. The class will consist of a simple 15- min art project with a lesson about a virtue. If at any time the children loose intrest I will not push them to finish, but continue to spend time with them, playing and talking.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there Hannah,
It's so wonderful to hear that you arived there and started serving right away!
You Rock girl! I always have you in my mind as an example of a Baha'i.
Good luck with everything.

8/21/2006 1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to commend your service Hannah. From what I hear about you it is your reality to live the Baha'i life and serve hardcore in the Midwest. Certain areas of the Midwest are struggling in nonactivity. Regarding service,

"Work," he said unceasingly, "for the day of Universal Peace. Strive always that you may be united. Kindness and love in the path of service must be your means."

(Abdu'l-Baha, Abdu'l-Baha in London, p. 121)

Thank you Hannah, for this
Love, Georgia

8/21/2006 3:54 PM  
Blogger GWD said...

With your permission I'd like to re-post this entry on my blog.

8/21/2006 10:20 PM  
Blogger CassandraxForever said...

That's wonderful! You're a wonderful teacher Hannah, I'm happy you have a chance to teach.

8/27/2006 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home